Born from nation-state espionage, hundreds of tools and services are now available for assembly into custom-built attack suites fit for almost any purpose and truly massive scale.
As these attacks gain momentum and sophistication, India emerges as a target for China and other nation states, and we need to adapt our defenses accordingly. To do that effectively, we must clearly understand how our enemy functions.
The session will discuss:
- The current statistical scale and scope of targeted attacks;
- The threat actors executing these attacks and their motivations for doing so, including financial gain, personal identity information and terror;
- The types of valuable data and/or critical infrastructure they are now targeting;
- Existing vectors that remain vulnerable, as well as new points of vulnerability, such as APIs and mobile;
- Where resources should be focused to defend against evolving threats